Sunday, April 21, 2013


"Little Girl and her Yeti"



It’s been a while!

I have been busy with a big change in my career, in Jan of 2013 I left Games Games Café.
After working on the Sally’s series, it was hard to leave that behind, I had a big part in the concept art and animation, for the recent Skytopia, and smaller support roles for word stars and pendulum. I wish them best of luck as they struggle to find their place in the world of social gaming.

4 hrs after leaving Games Café I was offered a chance to be Creative Director for an up and coming studio in Edmonton, Fluik/Appsquire Ent. Luckily this didn’t require a move. Thanks to today’s technology we can work from anywhere.

I took a month off before starting at the new studio. This allowed me some much needed time to recoup, and finish some amazing client work, including having produced 3 animated shorts. (yes my time off was making 3 shorts, I love what I do)

I’m now working to help develop the talent of some young artists, and working in a studio that releases games so quickly, and proficiently. It has been an adjustment to get back to a 60-70 hr workweek.

In Jan I was accepted into the Imaginism Studios In house 1-month program.  This is a HUGE honor. I’m very nervous, but really excited to be surrounded by amazing talent and focus on learning for a solid month.  In this Job we never stop learning. It’s one of the things I love the most.

Next week I will be exhibiting at The Calgary Expo. I have a piece in the art book this year, that I can share with you after the show. I look forward to see lots of friends and meeting new artists.

Here is hoping I will be updating my blog more often. Definitely during my month in Toronto.

Some Recent Game Titles I have worked on:
Olivia Paints
Olivia the Great
Strawberry Short Cakes 30th Anniversary Game
Sallys Spa ipad
Sallys Studio ipad
Skytopia
Word Stars
Pendulum
Grumpy Bears

Lots lots more but that's enough for today. 

No comments: